Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Camera's out of town, but I'm still here.

Oh yes, my husband took our now eleven-year-old daughter to New York City for a birthday trip, leaving me here at home with the three boys. And so far all is going well. They've been gone since Thursday and we'll go pick them up Friday.

I'm kicking myself for accepting work for this week. I could be spending the evenings knitting and wake well rested in the mornings. Instead I'm spending the evenings and late nights editing and waking up a bit undone. I have a push for a deadline on Wednesday, so late nights it must be. The youngest are still too young to be alone.

But, I am getting a lot of knitting done during the day. I'm working on Miralda's Shawl by Nancy Bush. It's a lovely triangular shawl from her book on Estonian lace knitting. I'm knitting this in sock yarn from HyenainPetticoats, in the most beautiful red ever, and I can't seem to stop working on it.

I am also working on the top-down version of Emily Dickinson. I'm using AK47 silk laceweight from the Gossamer Web in the Tequila Sunrise colorway, and it is incredibly luscious. I have never actually knit with pure silk before, and it is such an incredible pleasure.

I have a circular shawl going, Tischdecke, using Ultra Lace from Shelridge Farms in natural. This is prize yarn from the Seasons of Lace KAL.

Also two sweaters: one vest for Peter in a DK weight from Midnight Sheep, and a raglan in sockweight, also from Midnight Sheep. I can't wait to show photos of all my fun, but alas, the camera is in New York City. We'll meet again Friday, so no photos till next week, I'm afraid. Hopefully they'll be worth it!

No comments: