Thursday, January 27, 2011

Brioche stitch vest, coming along.


I finished the right front of Pete's vest last night, soaked the pieces and blocked them out to dry. This is something I designed using brioche stitch, which is a very fluffy rib-type stitch. The fabric is so interesting. Very light and fluffy, yet it uses much more yarn in the same space as regular ribbing, and it is not as firm. I have to decide on the finishing touches, still. Do I want a contrasting color for the trim? Will I knit or crochet the edging? What buttons will I use?

A sharp eye will see that I did not alternate skeins for this project. If it were for anyone outside the family I would have done so, but Pete won't see the color changes at all, so I decided not to worry about it. I was just thrilled I didn't run out of yarn. Speaking of yarn this is 100% superwash merino DK in Midnight Maus, from my friend Helena at the Midnight Sheep. This was a custom dye for which I originally had other plans, but it told me in December that it wanted to be a vest for Peter, so here it is.

I have to finish this and my Emily Shawl so I can move ahead on Sophia's sweater, to make time for the sweater I will be knitting for a winner in this giveaway fund-raiser at Juniper Moon Farm. It's time for some more FOs!

No comments: