Sunday, May 7, 2023

Reviving the blog! Knitting Recap

 Reviving the Blog

It's been a long time! I guess the COVID-19 shutdown affected every little thing. 

If you're interested in seeing some of the things I've been working on, and some I've even finished, check out my Instagram

Right now, I'm working on the second sleeve of the "Fitted Jacket with Embroidery" from Norwegian Knitting Designs. There are some truly stunning versions of this sweater on Ravelry. I started this in January 2022 and set it aside for several months. I picked it up in late March and worked the first sleeve. And I have about three inches to go before the sleeve cap shaping. 


This is a big project. When the knitting is completely finished, then the embroidery begins. I'll be using several autumnal colors to give the sweater a warmer overall look. Right now I call it the ketchup and mustard sweater, but I think it will be stunning when complete.

Here's the thing: I have only once ever embroidered any piece of knitting. This will be an adventure!

How do I keep track of where I am when knitting? I use two essential tools: color coded stitch markers and highlighter tape. And I have to have a calm and fairly quiet knitting environment--I read the pattern one stitch at a time, after all--it takes a lot of concentration!











Disclaimer: I may receive compensation for purchases made from links on this page, at no additional cost to you.


No comments: