Friday, May 19, 2023

Knitting Complete

I managed to finish the knitting yesterday. Here are the pieces laid out together.




There's a long way to go before I have a finished jacket. I have the yarns for embroidery laid out in this photo.

Colors on the left are for duplicate stitch--in the same 3-ply yarn as the body of the work--to fill in the leaves. The colors on the right are a 2-ply, Finull, also from Rauma, and will be used for chain stitch to outline the scrolls and vines. It's going to be wonderful.
When the embroidery is done, I'll seam the pieces together, then add the neck and front edgings.
I'm really happy with how this is going. And I love the quiet time this knitting requires. This is not take to the track meet knitting--I'm working up a design for another jacket to serve that purpose!



 

No comments: