Friday, January 3, 2014

last minute gifts, and a finished shawl

 Gavyn helped warp the loom and did part of the weaving on a handspun scarf for Grandma. We didn't get a photo of the finished scarf, apparently. BME shetland, Dreams Evoked and Cupid.


 I needed a stocking for Sophia. She knit two pairs and I knit one, but we didn't get to hers.  I've had this slightly felted sweater from a thrift store for a couple of years. Tried it on to wear on Christmas Eve, remembered why I never wore it, and suddenly knew what to do for her stocking.
 And this is the last Christmas shawl, finally done yesterday, Jan 2. My sister may just receive it before the Epiphany if I can get it in the mail today.  The wool is wensleydale, from Spunky Eclectic, Fiber Optics, and Greenwood Fibers, in order. The pattern is adapted from a basic shawl in Cheryl Oberle's book Folk Shawls.















No comments: