Monday, February 4, 2013

BFL silk and Shetland



 Three shots of the Gossamer Web BFL silk gradient, before the bath. It's 2 ply, about 325 yards.




And two shots of the finished yarn:




Continuing my experiment with the shetland.  These skeins were spun in the opposite direction, z-twist, and with a sort of backward draw, but allowing the twist into the drafting triangle.  The yarn isn't washed yet, but already it is much softer than the other batch, especially the lightest brown, which is also more yardage--very soft yarn, but not what I'm looking for, exactly.  The black and white, at exactly the same yardage as the earlier batch (25 yards each) is I think exactly what I'm looking for.  I'm going to knit the two batches up into identical projects at some point, and then I'll know which I want to go with for a larger project.

No comments: