Monday, June 4, 2012

Sophia's projects and warping three heddles on the loom

Sophia's scarf sample for the LYS, blocking. In Plymouth Kudo--a cotton blend
Sophia's shawl sample for the LYS. In Noro cotton blend.
Sophia designed and worked up this little cap in an afternoon. Brown Sheep Naturespun.
Beka loom warped with 3 12 dpi heddles, in a point twill threading.
Here you can see the 1 threads, in holes in heddle 1
Here are the 2 threads in holes in heddle 2
And the 3 threads in holes in heddle 3
The 4 threads do not pass through holes, and all the other heddles have to be down to show them in the up position.
I'm planning a skirt for my sister's wedding in August. I plan to weave six narrow panels and sew them together with some flair around the bottom edge. This is my sample, to make sure the pattern I've chosen will work for a skirt.  The yarn is Blue Heron--Egyptian Mercerized Cotton in Kelp, with Rayon Metallic in Sea Turtle for the 4 threads, to add a little flair, and to go with the top I plan to knit with the rayon metallic.

No comments: