Saturday, May 28, 2011

Socks and Lyra


Finally, I have pulled out Lyra again. The yarn is Silky Lace from Midnight Sheep, in a custom colorway called Verdigris. You can see the progress on the bloom. I have about 25 pattern rows to go, so I hope to be finished by the end of June. The rows are now each about 800 sts.

this is Rick by Cookie A, knit in Dragonfly Fibers Djinni sock in Baltimore Oriole. I'll be glad when the right sock is finished. The pattern is knit with ssk throughout, but the second stitch is a yo, so there's a lot of fiddling to get the stitches to line up while knitting. The pattern is super easy to remember, though and the left sock will zip along, since it will feature the k2tog.
Breaking Hearts in a custom dye from Coulrophobia. Not the best pattern/yarn match, but once I started, Sophia wouldn't let me stop and find a better fit. She wants her socks!


The replacement yarn arrived, and so the Marlene's are finished! Mail day on Monday! What a fun pattern this is.

No comments: