Wednesday, March 2, 2011

One done, another begun


One begun: Hey Teach, cast on 24 February. I've completed the first row of the lace pattern.this is really nice yarn.

One done: Round yoke sweater. Done, and it's big, so Fintan can wear it for a while. The yarn just glows. Such a lovely color.
An editor's best friend.

I'm not sure how the knitting is getting done, but worsted weight is good for production. Fintan's sweater was knit when I drank my coffee in the morning and after dinner. Hey Teach is in progress in the very late hours after work, if I can stay up, and is accompanied by a nice peaty scotch. yum. I was hoping to get a short reprieve from kid knitting, but Gavyn asked about his sweater this morning. "You said you were going to make me one." He's even stopped saying it would be rainbow colored, I guess he knows that since blue is what I have, blue is what he'll get. He's angling for green on his next sweater.

My new computer has such a huge screen I have had to raise my seating and keyboard arrangement to save my eyes. The new arrangement is good for my flexibility, but a bit hard on the knees for now--it's basically a raised platform with pillows for added height. I can work on my posture, but it is tough both reading and trying to be conscious of one's posture for so many hours each day. My Webster's 3rd International is filling in as a keyboard holder for this project. Hopefully I won't need for its normal use in the immediate future.

No comments: