Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Cliodhna's Thistle shawlette




Last Saturday I wound this yarn intending to start on a Multnomah, but only got as far as the cast-on. Then the yarn took itself in a totally different direction. You might see a resonance from one of my recent shawls. This is one of those pieces that looks better on the wearer than all stretched out. The colors are just lovely. It is Haithrun sock (MCN) from Gaia's Colours in Cliodhna's Thistle. I actually had to finish the bind-off with half a yard of her Pales sock in the same colorway. If I write up this pattern I'll be able to avoid that little problem, since there are about 5 extra rows in one of the stockinette sections.

The pattern is mostly stockinette, to show off the beautiful colorway, with a little texture in between to keep it from getting too boring. I think Sophia may have adopted it after modeling.

In other news, I get to knit Hey Teach for the winner of the Pete's Greens fund-raiser giveaway at Juniper Moon Farm.

I will be knitting with Juniper Moon Farms Worsted in Rainstorm, a nice dark grey. I was going to link a photo, but it's gone because I bought it all. I guess I'll post it when it arrives and I begin swatching. They are having a sale on their yarns right now--all skeins except for sock yarn are $10. Worth taking a look.

I'm tickled that L.D. chose this pattern, because it is the pattern that the Yarn Harlot was working on when I first started reading her blog, and I've had it sort of in my mind since then.
I'm really looking forward to the knitting.

No comments: