Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Project

A year ago I bought a nifty tumbling block loom from Hazel Rose Looms (see the link over there on the sidebar? Click it. Please.). I wove several diamonds, but never really got around to doing anything with them. Well the other day I had four kids at home with me and needed a project. So I got out some fleece, a few felting needles and my diamonds, and some cookie cutters, and they went to work. Here are a few examples:




Here's the loom, which I love! (and it's sitting on the project that I used to learn to crochet 20 years ago).
My daughter (9) crocheted an edge around most of them. I think we have about four more to finish edging and decorating. She and my two older sons (8 and 5) did the felting.

We plan to sew them together, crochet an edging, and give a small lap blanket to Grandma on Christmas. What a fun project!

No comments: