Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Wooly Crown Hat



I've written the Crown hat pattern for worsted weight wool, in five sizes, knit in the round with bobbles. This pattern is a bit more refined than Sophia's Crown hat, and I love it. Here the child size is shown on a toddler and on a four-year-old. It also worked on a seven-year-old, but only for dress-up or a spring hat, not for a warm winter hat.

I love this yarn, and the hat is pretty easy, although it includes a provisional cast-on, bobbles, and picking up stitches. I suppose these things might make it a challenge for a beginner.

If you have any interest in the pattern I'd be glad to have someone test it for me--it's fun and quick, great for Christmas.

In other knitting news, I have been waiting for two and a half weeks now for the Traveling Shawl to arrive, and still have no idea when to expect it. It's a bit frustrating, because I really wanted to have it past me, so I could focus on my work, of which I have quite a lot.

I have been knitting hats--four hats in the last week! I tested two, including the Scrunchable hat, which is really cute and easy. Also a lovely cabled hat, and the crown of course, and another that I am designing. More on that when it's time.

My most exciting news is of a trade--I am trading a big box of yarn for a brand new Harrisville Designs Easy Weaver size B. I love my size A easy weaver, and can't wait for this one, because once the first project is off, I'll be able to do a double weave on it--I'll have two heddles, and so should be able to weave a cloth 32" wide. I'm going to try it!

The person I'm trading with is getting lots of nice yarn for weaving and crocheting. I'm so delighted!

More fun to come. I've registered for the Winter of Lace, and have lots of ideas, including handspun lace, on my first real handspun, which I also dyed the other day (Koolaid!). Fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello! i live in sligo, ireland, and i just wanted to say hello :)

i saw your name on ravelry, and i was thinking OOOO another raveler here in sligo... aww... but it's your username.

what's your sligo connection?